[Samba] Setting up Samba AD-DC on Debian Stretch made easy.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Sep 12 11:42:18 UTC 2017

Hai Rowland,

Now, dont be sorry, i ask for this ;-). Is good to see and hear people use it.
Everything that can be improved, i'll listen to and think about it.

This was a "copy past" from an other script, so yes, this one is an easy change.
# Enable one of these two.
#SAMBA_NT_DOMAIN="BUILTIN\Administrators"
#SAMBA_NT_DOMAIN="$(cat /etc/samba/smb.conf | grep workgroup | awk '{ print $NF}')\Domain Admins"

So, i've changed it to ...
# You can only enable one of these two at once, if you want both groups, run it, change it and run it again.
SAMBA_DC_ADMIN_GROUP_CHOICE="BUILTIN\Administrators"
SAMBA_DC_ADMIN_GROUP_CHOICE="$(cat /etc/samba/smb.conf | grep workgroup | awk '{ print $NF}')\Domain Admins"

Yes, i know long variable name, but that makes merging all script much easier.

.. Its changed, if you have a better way to describe this, you know.. Let me know.
Your the Englishman here :-p
;-)

Greetz,

Louis