[Samba] Samba + spotlight/tracker

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Sep 12 10:15:36 UTC 2017

Hai,

I have/can recreate a build with this enable, but these would not make it into my repo. (yet)

This is because i can not test the spotlight/tracker ( and/or TimeMachine ) settings.
So.. There is the link with samba 4.6.7 builded for debian Jessie with spotlight enabled.
Not signed, only amd64 arch.

https://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/samba-spotlight-enabled.tar.gz
Included : samba_4.6.7+dfsg.orig.tar.gz source debian buster.
debian.tar.gz the debian folder with the needed changes ( debian/rules debian/control )
Changes:
 samba (2:4.6.7+dfsg-1spotlight1~deb8+1) jessie; urgency=medium
 .
   [ Louis van Belle ]
   * Non-maintainer build. (4.6.7+dfsg-1 used as base)
   * Build for Jessie from debian buster.
   * d/rules, enabled spotlight in the build (--enable-spotlight)
   * d/control, added builddeps: libtracker-sparql-dev and tracker

Please do Read : https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Spotlight
I only enabled the --spotlight in this build, so then needed changes from the wiki in files are not encounted.

But i say give it a go and report how its working.

Greetz,

Louis