[Samba] Setting up Samba AD-DC on Debian Stretch made easy.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Sep 11 13:29:20 UTC 2017

Hai,

I made the install howto based on the wiki steps, i only changed the order of install on some places.
And found it, not email but wiki.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller
The part Configuring Kerberos.
(  cp /usr/local/samba/private/krb5.conf /etc/krb5.conf )

Which made me think that the /var/lib/samba/private/krb5.conf isnt used. (anymore)
And so /etc/krb5.conf is the default, ... Wrong thinking?

Greetz,

Louis