[Samba] Server GC/name.dom/dom is not registered with our KDC: Miscellaneous failure (see text): Server (GC/name/dom at DOM) unknown

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Mon Sep 11 12:32:53 UTC 2017

Okay, time to bring some order into this.

== Keytab and replication ==

Editing servicePrincipalName cleaned up the keytab. Some things are even
replicating correctly (modulo the missing host), others aren't.

DNS replication (DC=ForestDnsZones and DC=DomainDnsZones) is still not
working, at least one host is trying to connect to deleted servers for
this. The other I cannot confirm because it's still offline.

I'll check again once the remaining DC is back online.

In the meantime it'd be nice to know where exactly Samba ADDCs store
their replication config so I can see why they have outdated garbage in
them, even though the RSAT tools claim everything is working and
configured correctly.

== governsID errors during dbcheck ==

--fix doesn't do anything; the error still remains. How do I fix it
manually?

On 2017-09-08 16:34, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:

>> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- Van: Sven Schwedas
>> [mailto:sven.schwedas at tao.at] Verzonden: vrijdag 8 september 2017
>> 14:40 Aan: L.P.H. van Belle; samba at lists.samba.org Onderwerp: Re:
>> [Samba] Server GC/name.dom/dom is not registered with our KDC:
>> Miscellaneous failure (see text): Server (GC/name/dom at DOM) unknown
>>
>> On 2017-09-08 10:37, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
>>> Hai Sven,
>>>
>>> Sorry for the long wait, i had some things todo first here.
>>
>> 's fine. It's not like I don't have other stuff to worry about
>> either.
> Pfew, im thinging your just waiting for me ;-)

Ok, this one, track down both uuid's, checkout which