[Samba] Setting up Samba AD-DC on Debian Stretch made easy.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Sep 11 11:06:56 UTC 2017

Hai,

As im setting up a new test environment, i've documented my setups and here you go..
A easy to follow howto for a Debian Samba AD DC  ( tested on Debian Stretch, but should works also on Jessie )

You can find the files, here:
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4   In the "howtos" folder are the files.

And if you see errors, wel its on github ;-)  or if you see improvements on this, please let me know.

I've made a 3 steps setup.

1) Setup Debian and make sure you base server is setup ok.
2) Check you base server install.
3) Install samba as AD DC with Bind9_DLZ and NTP.
4) few minimal test for the AD DC.

And more to come as while im setting up my new test environment.
If you follow the exact setups, it wil result in a correct working samba AD DC.

Greetz,

Louis