[Samba] Questions around deleting a file accessed by others

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 22:08:26 UTC 2017

On Linux systems you can delete a file when some processes are accessing
that file. It will be really deleted once the last process free the file.
You can easily test that behaviour with a film or some music: you start
playing it, you delete it and the space would be deleted once no more
process access the file.

So it seems to me, whom is not Samba internal expert, a normal behaviour.

What I don't feel like a normal behaviour is how users could delete a file
they are not supposed to be allowed to.

Cheers