[Samba] Server GC/name.dom/dom is not registered with our KDC: Miscellaneous failure (see text): Server (GC/name/dom at DOM) unknown

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Fri Sep 8 12:40:09 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-08 10:37, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Hai Sven,
>
> Sorry for the long wait, i had some things todo first here.

's fine. It's not like I don't have other stuff to worry about either.

And also the one with the keytab problems. :(

>>> Almost. Backup then ...   Cleanup keytab of the server.
>>
>> I'll try that next, unless you find something shady in the report.

While going through the records with Directory Studio I noticed that the
duplicate keytab entries are mirrored by servicePrincipalName entries in
CN=GRAZ-DC-SEM,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=ad,DC=tao,DC=at

Which should I clean up, and in what order? LDAP first, then keytab?
Just LDAP?

>>> Ok, this one, track down both uuid's, checkout which which
>>> hostname belongs with these.
>>
>> Going by the output of `samba-tool drs showrepl` and sam.ldb,
>> the GUIDs are as follows:
>>
>> graz-dc-sem	160f5a53-5c29-4a83-aeee-6cb1dbabeed7
>> graz-dc-bis	7e4973ba-4093-4523-a70f-7caa4845e34d (not in sam.ldb)
>> graz-dc-1b	bcffbad8-1add-46b9-bf69-90e52c0f09ea
>> villach-dc-sem	eb5f9772-cd8f-4cde-9629-f1898c94aedd
>> villach-dc-bis	e1569c90-50f9-4bb5-bd85-79145e3ff6fd
>>
>> villach-sem/bis want to replicate to the dead and removed
>> graz-dc-bis for some reason, but don't have its GUID in their
>> sam.ldb either.
> Ok, can you do a manualy check on graz-dc-sem and villach-dc-sem
> Both command on each server.
> samba-tool dbcheck
> And
> samba-tool dbcheck --cross-nc
>
> Error, post them.

About that… villach-dc-sem is down because its VM host went poof
yesterday. :/ Gonna get it repaired at some point next week.

On graz-dc-sem, samba-tool dbcheck shows zero errors. --cross-nc gives:

> Error: governsID CN=ucsUser,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=tao,DC=at on 1.3.6.1.4.1.19414.3.2.2 already exists as an attributeId or governsId
> Error: governsID CN=taoSharedFolder,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=tao,DC=at on 1.3.6.1.4.1.19414.3.2.4 already exists as an attributeId or governsId
> Error: governsID CN=taoMailingList,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=tao,DC=at on 1.3.6.1.4.1.19414.3.2.3 already exists as an attributeId or governsId

Those are presumably from me fucking around with custom LDAP attributes
years ago and don't seem to be related. I hope.

>> setting, corrected it, and restarted the DC.
>>> 3. Yes, for the new hostname, the old hostname is as left
>> over in the ADDC DB and/or DNS.
>>>
>>> This name GRAZ-DC-BIS, and the name with the typo. The GUID
>> for these is where to look info.
>>
>> Yeah, but where?
> Now this is here ApacheStudio is very handy, but again, dont rush things here.
> With ApacheStu.. Connect to the AD, and search for the faulty GUID/UUID's
> Same for the hostname.
>
> Ow did i tell you to make a backup first..  ;-) make it 2. ;-)

No results for either the old name, nor the new name, nor the GUID, on
any server.

How is `drs showrepl` giving me the UUID for something that's nowhere in
LDAP?

> Now, last, which is an option.
> If one server hold a good and correct database, you can sync that one to the other servers.
> But the database must be correct. ( and backuped 2 x )

So

1. Back up graz-dc-sem
2. purge the duplicate keytab/SPN magic voodoo somehow (see above)
3. Force sync?

> samba-tool dbcheck --help gives also few extra options but i never used them so i cant tell much of these are usefull.
>   --reindex             force database re-index
>   --reset-well-known-acls
>   --cross-ncs

Sven Schwedas, Systemadministrator
Mail/XMPP sven.schwedas at tao.at | Skype sven.schwedas