[Samba] Server GC/name.dom/dom is not registered with our KDC: Miscellaneous failure (see text): Server (GC/name/dom at DOM) unknown

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Fri Sep 8 10:43:40 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-08 12:26, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 12:03:53 +0200
> "L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Rowland,
>>
>> Very appriciated.
>> The dnsmasq servers are explained, these are no problem in his setup
>> sofar i could tell/see.
>>
> Yes, but do the dnsmasq servers hold all the AD records ?

Define "hold"; they're used as caching servers, but all queries for
ad.tao.at and subdomains are forwarded to the DCs:

> server=/ad.tao.at/192.168.x #repeated for all DCs
> server=/x.168.192.in-addr.arpa/x # repeated for all DCs

filterwin2k etc. is **not** enabled in dnsmasq, so no queries are
blocked, everything is forwarded.

Sven Schwedas, Systemadministrator
Mail/XMPP sven.schwedas at tao.at | Skype sven.schwedas
TAO Digital | Lendplatz 45 | A8020 Graz