[Samba] retrieve machine password in current Samba?

Mike Lykov combr at samges.ru
Fri Sep 8 06:04:06 UTC 2017

08.09.2017 3:41, Andrew Bartlett via samba пишет:

> Otherwise, the attached script will print it on stdout, if you like it
> and it works for you I can drop it in source4/scripting/bin for
> posterity.

May I ask about machine passwords also?
(I can't see any attached scripts in your email, by the way. You send it
off-the-list?)

Someday in the past I accidentally delete some machine accounts from AD
(using ADUC). When I googled about what can I restore it, i found the
long story about "tombstone" and not/support it in samba, and many
troubles with "deleted" attributes and so on.

But it is another way to restore it - restore ldap object to "normal"
state without "deleted" attribute by hand and set machine password by
hand (it is lost after "delete" in ADUC).

Where I can find and how to extract that machine password?
Is there any sense to doing this?

--
Administrator