[Samba] retrieve machine password in current Samba?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Sep 7 23:41:01 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-09-07 at 22:02 +0000, James Zuelow via samba wrote:
> [...]

I've looked into this, and I don't think we have changed the format, it
is just that we stopped keeping to ascii and small lengths for the
passwords.  That flood of binary stuff is really the password!

So, the tdbdump output is still correct, but do you have to un-escape
it.

Otherwise, the attached script will print it on stdout, if you like it
and it works for you I can drop it in source4/scripting/bin for
posterity.

Sorry for the confusion!

Andrew Bartlett

--