[Samba] Advice on Winbindd and NTLM Auth Performance

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Sep 2 00:42:12 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-09-01 at 23:30 +0100, Arnab Roy via samba wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Thanks for your inputs I have followed whats here https://wiki.freeradius.
> org/guide/Active-Directory-direct-via-winbind . Apart from the different
> location for the directories. I have added the recommended options in samba.
>
> However I cannot see why this would make a difference to performance.

To be clear, what options do you now have set?

Have you set the options I recommended?  TheĀ

winbind max domain connections = 10

option should make a major difference, as it allows multiple
authentications to occur in parallel.

If Samba is also the AD DC, then newer Samba versions (Samba 4.7 in
particular) make the sever-side process (NETLOGON) parallel as well.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett--