[Samba] user works on DC, not on DM

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Sep 1 09:31:49 UTC 2017

Just follow the win 7 steps.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Installing_RSAT

And make sure you activate : Server for NIS Tools

Samba get the next uid/gid from AD. ( starts normaly at 10.000 uid and gid. )

If you goto a user his unix tap, and select you NIX domain, the first next uid is used.
If you have multple groups with GID, make sure you select the correct "primary group"
I suggest, use only Domain Users for all you windows users.
( linux only users from Ad can be any GID, imo. )
This has all todo with GPO settings, share rights, etc.

You can configure template (shell/homedir) on the servers als fallback if you forget to set shell or homedir.

Greetz,

Louis