[Samba] (no subject)

fu-hong-quan at pacific-textiles.com fu-hong-quan at pacific-textiles.com
Fri Sep 1 06:11:32 UTC 2017

HI,

  I built a samba and cups server on the same host,whose IP is
172.16.232.204, currently printers work as expected ,as I access printers

  from windows7 by startup =》 run :\\172.16.232.204  and then click
printer icon, install drivers manually.

  I follow this link, but it looks like I must configure a client to
authenticate against Samba Domain first,

  and then "DOMAIN\domain users" group will appear on 172.16.232.204 by
"getent passwd"

 Does my guess correctly?

 And another question is is there any other easier way to do this?
building a winbind is really a fuss as all my host
 are windows client.

 Actually I haven't seen anything related with [print$] and printer
drivers from the latest  'man smb.conf', so is the way

 from above link feasible?

 Thanks,