[Samba] winbind rfc2307 not being obeyed

Matt Savin matt at tegers.com
Mon Oct 30 22:12:24 UTC 2017

Hello Jeff,

After upgrading from Samba 4.4.x to Samba 4.6.x I encountered the same
problem (also on Fedora). I had to add following lines to smb.conf file
(replaced my domain name with yours):
        # required by samba >=4.6
        idmap config MIND:unix_primary_group = yes
        idmap config MIND:unix_nss_info = yes

and comment out both lines (use pound sign #; semicolon, didn't work for me
by some reason):
#   template homedir = /home/%D/%U
#   template shell = /bin/bash

Not relevant to your issue, but for samba 4.6 and newer I also had to add
following line:
   kerberos encryption types = all

Hope it will help.
Regards,