[Samba] winbind rfc2307 not being obeyed

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Oct 30 17:24:00 UTC 2017

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 10:58:01 -0600
Jeff Sadowski <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com> wrote:

> nope that just brute forced homedir and shell. It'll work for what I
> want this machine for but I'd like to get the homedir and shell from
> AD

The only real thing running authconfig did to the smb.conf was to add:

   password server = MIND.UNM.EDU

You shouldn't need this, so I think your dns is up the spout ;-)

If you have populated the users uidNumber, loginShell and
unixHomeDirectory attributes the winbind 'ad' backend should use them,
provided that Domain Users has a gidNumber attribute and all numbers
used are inside the DOMAIN range set in smb.conf

Can you post your /etc/hosts, /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/krb5.conf files

Rowland