[Samba] Adding indexing to samba AD question.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Oct 27 08:36:00 UTC 2017

Hai,

I need to add some extra indexing on my AD DB, and im not sure if what the correct/best methode is.
And is there any reason i should not do this, i did search on the wiki, but could not find the info i searched for.

I know the following. Checked the current index. ( source info : https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/LDB )
ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb  -s base -b @INDEXLIST
So i have a current list of indexes set and i did see that i miss and what i want.

I want to index one/several of my mail attributes for zarafa/kopano.
zarafaAccount/kopanoAccount

Can someone or guide me a bit or point my to the correct info howto do this, since i dont want to mess up my AD. ;-)

I did see an instruction for Zentyal, but vanilla samba, does not contain the searchFlags attribute.
(source : https://exekias.me/2015/05/06/samba-indexes/ )
So to me the link here is not correct for me.

Anyone? Tips examples very apriciated.

Greetz,

Louis