[Samba] sysvolcheck on fresh samba 4.7 DCs

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Thu Oct 26 11:24:43 UTC 2017

Hi,

>   I have added
> a note to the Samba 'join' wikipage about this.

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to suggest.
(and yes, I know I have a username/password somewhere, so I could have
made this edit myself...)

If I were a python programmer, I would have tried to make the
sysvolreset say something like "on-disk content does not match with
sam.d" or so, because that seems to be more to the point.

It would at least give a better indication where to start looking.

Anyway, my isolated test-AD couln't be happier, right now :-)

MJ