[Samba] Using GPO to mount shares on Linux

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Oct 25 09:58:57 UTC 2017

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:23:19 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hai,
>
> I commented below.
>
> P.s. @Rowland, i dont believe this is a sssd problem but a old bug in
> samba.

Hi Louis, I never said this was a sssd problem, I just cannot see how
you can fix a potential Samba problem when the OP isn't using much of
Samba.
He is using 'samba-common samba-common-bin samba-libs'. These, by
themselves, don't do much, but when coupled with something else, they
help the 'something else' to work.
In this instance the 'something else' is 'sssd' and 'sssd-tools' and
these are not Samba packages, so, in my opinion, the OP will get better
help from the sssd-users mailing list.

If it turns out to be a Samba problem, then we can try to help the OP
to fix it, but a sssd problem has to be ruled out first, mainly because
sssd is the main component in use here.

I also cannot really understand why the OP is using sssd, when it is
just as easy to use Samba instead (by the way, do you think the OP is
aware that he is using the sssd version of winbind ?)

Rowland