[Samba] Samba 4.6.8 (Non packaged version) dns update issue

Ian Coetzee samba at iancoetzee.za.net
Tue Oct 24 13:28:07 UTC 2017

On 24 October 2017 at 15:11, Rowland Penny via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 14:52:37 +0200
> Ian Coetzee via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rowland,
>>
>> I just noticed while I was removing the "allow-update {none; };"
>> directive, that the directive is only present on dc1. Yet as luck
>> would have it, the server in my example was trying to push the update
>> to dc2.
>>
>> Contents of /etc/named/zones/internal.zones
>> https://www.jacklin.co.za/privatebin/?39cb9c2d39a5a6cb#BRBE/5LatQ4mcXd/qXa0QBWODbMA9rLjizTJM1slqiA=
>>
>> Kind regards
>>

> Are any of the zones there the AD domain zones ?
> I personally would stop using the 'internal.zones' file
>
> These are the rest of my named conf files;
>
>  cat /etc/bind/named.conf
>
> include "/etc/bind/named.conf.options";
> include "/etc/bind/named.conf.local";
> include "/etc/bind/named.conf.default-zones";
>
> cat /etc/bind/named.conf.local
>
> // adding the Samba dlopen ( Bind DLZ ) module
> include "/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf";
>
> cat /etc/bind/named.conf.default-zones
> // prime the server with knowledge of the root servers
> zone "." {
>         type hint;
>         file "/etc/bind/db.root";
> };
>
> // be authoritative for the localhost forward and reverse zones, and for
> // broadcast zones as per RFC 1912
>
> zone "localhost" {
>         type master;
>         file "/etc/bind/db.local";
> };
>
> zone "127.in-addr.arpa" {
>         type master;
>         file "/etc/bind/db.127";
> };
>
> zone "0.in-addr.arpa" {
>         type master;
>         file "/etc/bind/db.0";
> };
>
> zone "255.in-addr.arpa" {
>         type master;
>         file "/etc/bind/db.255";
> };
>
> Rowland

Hi Rowland,

None of these zones is part of the domain, not even
(sub|parent)domains (thank the stars). Although there are references
in the zones to AD entries.

I am trying to push the move towards full domain integrated zones.
Unfortunately some of these old zone files are quite huge... Thinking
I might need to create a script that creates the integrated entries
for me, that is unless someone else on here already created something
like that, that I could use.

Kind regards