[Samba] Samba 4.6.8 (Non packaged version) dns update issue

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Oct 24 13:11:31 UTC 2017

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 14:52:37 +0200
Ian Coetzee via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> I just noticed while I was removing the "allow-update {none; };"
> directive, that the directive is only present on dc1. Yet as luck
> would have it, the server in my example was trying to push the update
> to dc2.
>
> Contents of /etc/named/zones/internal.zones
> https://www.jacklin.co.za/privatebin/?39cb9c2d39a5a6cb#BRBE/5LatQ4mcXd/qXa0QBWODbMA9rLjizTJM1slqiA=
>
> Kind regards

Are any of the zones there the AD domain zones ?
I personally would stop using the 'internal.zones' file

These are the rest of my named conf files;

 cat /etc/bind/named.conf

include "/etc/bind/named.conf.options";
include "/etc/bind/named.conf.local";
include "/etc/bind/named.conf.default-zones";

cat /etc/bind/named.conf.local

// adding the Samba dlopen ( Bind DLZ ) module
include "/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf";

cat /etc/bind/named.conf.default-zones
// prime the server with knowledge of the root servers
zone "." {
	type hint;
	file "/etc/bind/db.root";
};

// be authoritative for the localhost forward and reverse zones, and for
// broadcast zones as per RFC 1912

zone "localhost" {
	type master;
	file "/etc/bind/db.local";