[Samba] Can use mutexes only with MUTEX_LOCKING or NOLOCK

Davide Principi davide.principi at nethesis.it
Fri Oct 13 09:50:49 UTC 2017

After upgrading my DC from 4.6 to 4.7 I found the following error from
my backup procedure:

    bash-4.2# tdbbackup /var/lib/samba/private/netlogon_creds_cli.tdb
    tdb_mutex_open_ok[/var/lib/samba/private/netlogon_creds_cli.tdb]: Can use mutexes only with MUTEX_LOCKING or NOLOCK
    Failed to open /var/lib/samba/private/netlogon_creds_cli.tdb

The problem occurs only with netlogon_creds_cli.tdb file. Backups of other .tdb files are created successfully.

Did anyone experience the same problem? How to fix it?

--
Davide Principi

#davidep | @davideprincipi | GPG 0x5651EA71