[Samba] Samba 4.6.2 member server errors

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Oct 13 09:45:43 UTC 2017

Hai,

I'll explain a bit.

Ok, im not a star in explaining in english.

Look at this picture. That shows how kerberos tickets works.
https://i-technet.sec.s-msft.com/dynimg/IC195542.gif
( from https://technet.microsoft.com/nl-nl/library/cc772815(v=ws.10).aspx )

Now look at this one
https://i-technet.sec.s-msft.com/dynimg/IC195551.gif
Thats the user/computer login.
And if im correct, you problem is the systemkey on the member.
Due to somehow, an out of sync password in AD and the member server.

> There is no keytab on the member servers.
Ok, can you post your smb.conf
Because without it is a guessing game as of this point.

> I do not know if it matters but all of the machines are
> Centos 7.4. The DC's are
> compiled from source using the 4.7.0 tarball but the member
> servers are using the
> 4.6.2-11 rpms supplied with Centos 7.4.
>
> > So i dont have an exact solution, only one big advice,
> > if you upgrade make sure you db replication is in sync and
> you checked all ADDC Db's.
>
> So are you saying this is a DC problem even though the errors
> only occur on a  member server?

Yes, that is possible, but i cannot determin that yet.
And Centos is not really my things.
But there are multiple Centos users on the list, so lets hope they are reading this also.