[Samba] Samba 4.6.2 member server errors

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Oct 12 07:24:49 UTC 2017

Hai,

You googled with the wrong words i think.

1 search, 6 words. 4e link and 5e link, for explanation and solution.  ;-)
Based on your question, what i experianced and what i found with google.

https://support.oneidentity.com/authentication-services/kb/92515
Dont look at the product here, but its an exact match on the error code.
They say, source of the problem is AD out of sync.

And now im thinking, i had such a problem also due to an out of sync AD database.
Here/how the out of sync happend i never found out.
Can you check if you DC's are in sync?

The other i found
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.protocols.kerberos/g-s76WeWyUU
Is a problem in the keytab files, and, i did replace my keytab file, which solved 90% of my problem.
The 10% left over problem, a nfs keytab caching related thing, only involved my user account, so low prio for me.
Here the solution is to replace all keytab files. I did only the member server.
And that verifies it to me.

So i dont have an exact solution, only one big advice,
if you upgrade make sure you db replication is in sync and you checked all ADDC Db's.

Greetz,

Louis