[Samba] Using GPO to mount shares on Linux

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Wed Oct 11 10:21:55 UTC 2017

> I did all of this, I have read everything I could find on the internet
> and I just couldn't make it work.
>
> I am now a leading expert on what doesn't work ;-)
>
> Rowland

ok, that is an unusual situation... you having a problem, and things
working here :-)

So perhaps we're doing different things:

we mount PER USER under the users home directory. We don't have ONE
global mount that is shared between all logged-on users, but each has
his/her own shares under /home/username/share1 -> /home/username/share4

Pam_mount mounts it on logon, both via ssh and xrdp.

The mounted shares also automatically appear as shortcuts on the
desktop, just like a mounted usb stick does. Very convenient for the users.

So perhaps you are trying to mount 'global shares', that everybody
should be able to access, logged on as themselves?

MJ