[Samba] Some mounted drives using GPO are not showed

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Oct 11 10:08:28 UTC 2017

Again, please show the smb.conf, you may remove shares etc, but leave at least one good share example.
Anonimize it, but we need it, to tell more or give beter info.
Now its a guessing game. (sorry)

> > Also you can try the following, rightklik on "network locations"
> > Choose disconnect network drive, and select all problem
> drive letters,
> > en disconnect.
> >
> > Logout, ( preffered, reboot the pc ), login again.
> > Did it work?
> >

> Also tried, but the problematic drives are not always the
> same so when I reboot maybe all drives are there or maybe the
> problematic drives are other.
Ok this makes it a bit stranger, so we now need and the member smb.conf and the DC smb.conf.
Sorry but its really needed.

> > Greetz,
> >
> > Louis

Now if you create a new setup based on debian, i suggest, use debian stretch.
Then Go here and read the howtos.
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/tree/master/howtos
These steps should work on jessie also, but i really suggest move up to debian stretch.

Of if you willing to tryout, if its the 4.2 thats really the problem.
Test if its the 4.2 thats the problem, for Jessie: 4.5.8-x
 echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian jessie-backports main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

For a 4.5.14 also add this line:
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian jessie main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

Or for a 4.6.8 for jessie, also add this line:
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian unstable main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

And the key.
wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -

> Thanks!!