[Samba] RSAT Print Management won't show shared printers under the "Printers" section

Thomas Keppler winfr34k at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 20:20:35 UTC 2017

Hi Louis,

Is your Windows 7 fully up to date? Are your RSAT tools up to date?
For me, this simply does not work. No matter which Samba version I try.
I checked the permissions once again (FQDN vs. NetBIOS etc.) and I even tried your enumports script. I get all the ports but no printers even though they are connected to one of the ports. On Windows 8 and up everything is alright. I think I won't get around of having to write a bug report including a tcpdump etc.

Do you have a WINS server setup?

--
Best regards
Thomas