[Samba] Samba Packages

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 12:23:17 UTC 2017

I am running Solaris 11, which includes samba 4.4.14.    The packaging
method has changed from Solaris 10, and you need a support contract to
register the system for the latest version.   I have no idea if Solaris
10 includes samba 4.x.

I think to configure or rebuild Samba on Solaris 11 as an AD Directory
Server/Domain controller would be difficult, since Solaris does not
include the Heimdal version of Kerberos. Solaris 11 also includes its
own SMB implementation, which I have not tried out yet, but is probably
simple enough if you are configuring as a client.