[Samba] Samba Packages

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Oct 9 10:40:24 UTC 2017

On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 09:39:03 +0000
"Mogane, Ratanang Johannes, Vodacom South Africa \(External\) via
samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Morning All,
>
> The packages below can be used for Solaris 11 when installing samba?
>
> SUNWsmbar SUNWsmbau SUNWmbac SUNWsmbas

Glad to see that you finally got here ;-)

I have no idea if they will work, are they available for a Sparc
computer running Solaris 11 ?

What type of Samba machine are you trying to set up, a 'client' or an
AD DC ?

If the packages you have found are not for a 4.x.x version and you
cannot find any that are, you might want to consider compiling Samba
yourself, if this is possible on Sparc. I seem to remember someone
doing this on Solaris 11, but whether this was on Sparc, I don't know.

Rowland