[Samba] RSAT Print Management won't show shared printers under the "Printers" section

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun Oct 8 08:54:59 UTC 2017

Hi Thomas,

Am 08.10.2017 um 01:53 schrieb Thomas Keppler via samba:
> 5.) I have RSAT tools installed on a domain joined
> Windows 7 client and I am logged in as such a Domain Admin

Does this also happen on Win 8.1 or 10? Please try, if you did not already.
Do the clients have all available updates applied?

> smb.conf (on the printserver)
> ----------- 8< ------------
> rpc_server:spoolss = external
> rpc_daemon:spoolssd = fork

Can you temporarily try it without spoolssd (remove the two lines).
Don't forget to restart smbd (restart, not reload in this case).

> [printers]
> comment = All printers
> path = /var/spool/samba
> browseable = yes
> printable = yes
> create mask = 0700
> guest ok = no
> read only = no

Can you try it with the following [printers] section:
[printers]
       path = /var/spool/samba
       printable = yes
       printing = CUPS

The other parameters in your [printers] section are either not necessary
or default.

I don't see any problem in your smb.conf. However, just for testing
purposes: Can you disable automatic printer sharing and manually share
one of the printers? See:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Print_Server#Disabling_the_Automatic_Printer_Sharing
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Print_Server#Manual_Sharing_of_Printers

Regards,