[Samba] Standalone with Windows ACL

Tercio Gaudencio Filho terciofilho at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 22:08:29 UTC 2017

I'm configuring a standalone server(server role = standalone server) using
POSIX ACLs to manage permissions on server.

I need to manage permissions(At least basic ones, like read, write) from
Windows GUI.

Is that possible using standalone?

When I try setting permissions on Windows I got this on the log:

[2017/10/04 19:07:08.437837,  2]
../source3/smbd/posix_acls.c:3006(set_canon_ace_list)
  set_canon_ace_list: sys_acl_set_file type file failed for file AD225.TXT
(Operation not permitted).

I issued grant on server(tercio is my username):

net rpc rights grant "tercio" SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -U "root"

My conf:

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = SER-CAPITAL