[Samba] Samba upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7

Harsh Kukreja h.kukreja at ium.edu.na
Wed Oct 4 14:17:17 UTC 2017

I would suggest setting up a new server, join this to the domain as a
new DC, transfer the FSMO roles to this and then demote the old DC.
This way, you can change the OS and the Samba version at the same time.

Rowland

Thanks Rowland

I like to ask when I build a new samba 4.7 server on Ubuntu 16.04 then do I
have to join it as domain member to the existing DC and then transfer FSMO
roles.

Can you please help with the steps to install Sernet Samba 4.7 package on
Ubuntu 16.04.