[Samba] Need to join Windows server 2012 R2 as a client to Samba Domain in ubuntu 12.04

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Oct 4 13:35:08 UTC 2017

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 18:10:40 +0530
"Ramkumar R" <ramkumar at mgtechsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> I have attached smb.conf file with this mail.
>
> Please refer  the file and give me possible solution to resolve the
> issue.
>
> Regards,
> Ramkumar R
> +91 8892107131

Oh dear, it gets worse, not only are you running an EOL version of
Samba, on an EOL OS, you are also using smbldap-tools, which is, for
all intents and purposes, dead.

I would urge you to upgrade everything, including upgrading your
NT4-style domain to an AD domain.

In the meantime, you could try adding:

server max protocol = NT1

To your smb.conf