[Samba] "lanman auth" question

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Tue Oct 3 18:26:17 UTC 2017

On 10/03/2017 05:57 AM, Gaiseric Vandal via samba wrote:
> How old is the scanner ?   Did you check for a firmware update for
> it?    NTLM has been around for so long that it is hard to imagine
> anything that has to have LANMAN support.

I called Xerox tech support and their answer was it
was out of support.  It is probably seven years old.
It was an expensive scanner, not one of those new
fangled fall apart in two years scanners.  It is working
very well still.

I can not see the scanner catching WannaCry.  My main
concern was the ramifications to Samba of leaving
Lanman activated.