[Samba] XP auto enrollment error; TEMP profile

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Oct 1 21:27:05 UTC 2017

> On Sun, 1 Oct 2017 22:52:36 +0200
> Reindl Harald via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

>>> The app will run on any version of Windows.  The reason for the XP
>>> is that the customer doesn't believe in fixing what ain't broke
>>
>> it's your job to epxlain him *it is broken* because windows XP is
>> completly out of support and nothing else than a lottery in production
>>

> I get the distinct feeling that this has been tried, but sometimes you
> just have to do what you are told with what you are given

i am fully aware that this is not so easy in every case

but when i am the IT guy and i take responsibility the stuff is running
i can not and will not setup something where i know doing so would be
irresponsible and nothing else than a timebomb and when it explodes i
have to suck collecting the pieces

frankly "Windows XP" - which braindead idiots are using still such
outdated crap, that was somehow rencent (and not brand new) when i
changed to work in the IT and is now nearly *10 years* ago when i
decided to never touch any Microsoft OS in the future and even don't
support any Windows machine within my own family

*10 years* and we talk about *IT and not museum*