[Samba] I see "everyone permission" at windows security even i didn't add.

Özkan Göksu ozkan.goksu at usishi.com
Thu Nov 30 12:09:44 UTC 2017

I created a share with the config I gave below. As you can see in pictures
I have two Everyone at "Permission" and one Everyone at "Share" section.
These permissions comes when i create a share.. One of them is definitely
related to samba because it is in the "share" section, but I guess the
other two permits are comes with "posix acl".

But i did not add everyone permission to my share? I did "setfacl
other:---" and "public = no" Where these permissions are come from?

I know "everyone" permissions are harmless but still I don't want to see
them. Do you know a way to delete these permissions when you create a samba
share?

getfacl iotest/
# file: iotest/
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
user:8008:rwx
group::---
mask::rwx
other::---

------------------------------

[iotest]
    comment = iotest ACL Test
    path = /ozkaniotest/iotest
    valid users = "test.local\test"
    admin users = "test.local\test"
    write list = "test.local\test"
    public = no
    read only = yes
    inherit permissions = yes
    inherit acls = yes

BTW: I use ZFS as filesystem and my zfs parameters are:

   - aclytpe=posixacl
   - xattr= sa

*Yes, pictures are not in English but this is just Windows Security->
Permission tab.. And attrb's are not important.*

[image: https://i.imgur.com/F0G0G6V.png]
<https://i.stack.imgur.com/plLMP.png>[image: enter image description here]
<https://i.stack.imgur.com/7CYib.png>