[Samba] Samba AD - Trust Relationship error.

Tue Nov 28 17:24:55 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I am not really new to samba but I am new to running a samba AD and AD
in general. I have a client that I will be changing over to a new server
running samba 4.6.7 and running as an AD. I did a test run on the new
server connected to the workstations and on one workstation I ran into
this error message:

"The security database on the server does not have a computer account
for this workstation trust relationship"

I know that in Windows its pretty easy to solve by using the SBS
Standard console. However, How would one fix this issue that I assume
would be done with samba-tools somehow? Perhaps anyone can guide me to a
resource discussing this? Im not looking for a step-by-step hand hold
session here. Just basic info on where to start looking and the basics.

This is one of about 13 workstations and was the only one that
experienced this issue.

Appreciate the feedback in advance,

jdegraw