[Samba] Can access share by two different names .... Just one is configured.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Nov 28 14:38:35 UTC 2017

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 15:02:23 +0100
Götz Reinicke <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de> wrote:

> What part is of interested? I removed unneeded shares (and there is
> no other *video* something share)

I removed the commented lines etc (and there is another *video* share)

> [global]
>    workgroup = FILMAKADEMIE
>    security = ads
>    realm = FILMAKADEMIE.DE
> client ipc signing = auto
>    winbind use default domain = true
>    winbind offline logon = false
>
>         idmap config * : backend = tdb
>         idmap config * : range = 1000000-1999999
>         idmap config FILMAKADEMIE : backend  = ad
>         idmap config FILMAKADEMIE : unix_nss_info = yes
>         idmap config FILMAKADEMIE : unix_primary_group = yes
>         idmap config FILMAKADEMIE : range = 1-999999

Starting the DOMAIN IDs at '1' is never a good idea, you have just
wiped out the local system users & groups and the normal local Unix
users & groups.

I see from the above that you are trying to use the winbind 'ad'
backend, have you given your users in AD a uidNumber attribute
containing a number inside the '1-999999' range ? Have you also given
them a gidNumber attribute (inside the same range), this gidNumber will
be the the gidNumber for the users primary group.

> vfs objects = acl_xattr
> map acl inherit = yes
> store dos attributes = yes
>
> 	server string = Samba Server Banksy
> 	log file = /var/log/samba/smb.log.%U
> 	max log size = 200000
> 	log level = 5 passdb:5 auth:5 winbind:5
>
> 	load printers = no
> 	cups options = raw
>
> 	printing = bsd
> 	printcap name = /dev/null
> 	disable spoolss = yes
>
> [homes]
> 	comment = Home Directories
> 	browseable = no
> 	writable = yes

This is where the 'videosupport' share is coming from i.e.
'videosupport's home directory. Which I have the sinking feeling is
'/home/abteilungen/videosupport'