[Samba] How to use AD authentication for normal Samba file sharing

Mark Foley mfoley at ohprs.org
Tue Nov 28 05:08:42 UTC 2017

I guess I'm answering my own questions on this thread!

I believe I've found the answer to my last issue on this. To my smb.conf (message below), add:

force user ohprso
force group ohprs

I've tested it and the Domain user 10001.10001 was able to create a file on the samba share as
1001.103.

If that seems wrong to anyone on this list, please advise. Even if it looks right, perhaps post
a "Yes, that looks right", so I know these messages are making it to the list!

--Mark