[Samba] Samba max protocol for windows 10

Maxence SARTIAUX msartiaux at it-optics.com
Mon Nov 27 14:13:20 UTC 2017

Hello,

One of our customer has a Samba 3 domain and they have troubles when they try to join a Windows 10 computer, i'm pretty sure it's because we need to set
server max protocol = NT1
on the domain configuration like the wiki says.

But i'm wondering, what about other workstations ? There's no bad behavior limiting the maximum protocol to the current joined workstations (windows xp / 7 / 8 & some linux servers) ?

Thanks.

Maxence Sartiaux | System & Network Engineer
Boulevard Initialis, 28 - 7000 Mons
Tel : 	+32 (0)65 84 23 85 (ext: 6016)
Fax : 	+32 (0)65 84 66 76 [ http://www.it-optics.com/ |  www.it-optics.com  ]