[Samba] Profile ACLs

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Thu Nov 23 12:34:43 UTC 2017

> At the moment, 'profile acls' is only deprecated, it hasn't gone away
> yet, so if it is still working for you, there is no need to do anything.
> It may be removed in a later version of Samba, but if it is, it will
> most likely be a major version, e.g. 4.9.0

I know. I just wanted to be the early bird and fix this know. In the
commit it says that this does not work on modern clients anyway. So I
might just try the Windows ACLs and see what happens.

> You could test using Windows ACLs or what the Samba wiki shows now.

Has anybody tried the settings from the Wiki for POSIX ACLs?

> What I personally would suggest is to consider upgrading to an AD
> domain. It seems to be getting harder and harder to get Windows to
> connect to an NT4-style domain and upgrading brings several advantages.

We already upgraded to an AD Domain. We just didn't change the profile
share.

Thanks for the answers

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Research Scientist

B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.de, homepage www.brain-biotech.de
fon +49-6251-9331-30  /   fax +49-6251-9331-11

Follow @BRAINbiotech on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRAINbiotech

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Dr. Juergen Eck (Vorsitzender), Frank Goebel
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Ludger Mueller