[Samba] Compiling Samba 4.7 with systemd support on Fedora 26

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Nov 23 22:11:20 UTC 2017

Am 23.11.2017 um 23:05 schrieb Reindl Harald via samba:

> Am 23.11.2017 um 22:46 schrieb Arnab Roy via samba:
>> The systemd unit file looks like as follows:
>>
>> [Unit]
>> Description=Winbindd Service
>> After=syslog.target network.target
>>
>> [Service]
>> Environment=KRB5CCNAME=FILE:/run/samba/krb5cc_samba
>> Type=notify
>> NotifyAccess=all
>> PIDFile=/var/run/samba/
>> ExecStart=/usr/local/samba/sbin/winbindd -D
>> ExecReload=/usr/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
>> LimitCORE=infinity
>
> try without the -D param
>
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.service.html
> Behavior of notify is similar to simple; however, it is expected that
> the daemon sends a notification message via sd_notify(3) or an
> equivalent call when it has finished starting up
>
> so in that case the daemon is *not* required to double-fork and should
> start in foreground
_________________________________

but as long as that stuff below don't work at build time forget about
Type=notify at all, it can not work! for MariaDB on Fedora25/26
"systemd-devel" is enough at build time and then Type=notify works as
expected - this is a build problem of samba in case the messages below
still appear

I am unable to start samba from systemd , systemd kills the process off
after startup. I have installed the systemd-devel as recommended, I guess I
am missing more dependencies

Checking for libsystemd-daemon
                     : not found
Checking for libsystemd-journal