[Samba] Compiling Samba 4.7 with systemd support on Fedora 26

Arnab Roy arniekol at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 21:46:17 UTC 2017

The systemd unit file looks like as follows:

[Unit]
Description=Winbindd Service
After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]
Environment=KRB5CCNAME=FILE:/run/samba/krb5cc_samba
Type=notify
NotifyAccess=all
PIDFile=/var/run/samba/
ExecStart=/usr/local/samba/sbin/winbindd -D
ExecReload=/usr/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
LimitCORE=infinity

[Install]

@Rowland I am not blaming samba at all, certainly is some sort of
systemd+samba issue.

I will try increasing the log verbosity and see if I see anything else.
Installing samba from rpm works fine, so it would seem fedora package
maintainers must be doing something, but currently there isnt samba 4.7 in
any of their repos and I would prefer to compile from source tbh.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

Arnab