[Samba] Execute a user script whenever a user is added in the domain

Fabian Fritz fabianfuture at web.de
Thu Nov 23 19:31:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am using the ADUC-tool on Windows PCs to add users to the domain. Now I
also need to do some maintance work on the linux server (DC). Is there an
option that I've overlooked or any other way to execute a shell script
whenever a user is added? Ideally it would be executed on each DC.

If there isn't a built-in way, would it be possible by monitoring one of
the ldb-files for changes?

I know of the "add user script" property, but I'm not sure this is still
supported in version 4 and from the description it seems like it is only
executed once a user logs in.

Thanks,
Fabian