[Samba] DHCP, DNS and non-domain members

Martin Renner martin.renner at exxcellent.de
Thu Nov 23 16:05:00 UTC 2017

Hi Rowland,

my problem is, how to get the non-AD members into the DNS? Especially, if they are servers and have
dynamic IPs from a DHCP server?

As far as I understand, only AD members will update the DNS inside of the AD. So do I have to
deliver fixed IP addresses via DHCP to servers and put a manual entry into the AD DNS?

Regards,
Martin