[Samba] samba 4 ad member - idmap = ad for machine accounts

tomict samba at iucn.nl
Mon Nov 20 17:43:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I read the links you suggested when I setup my domain member configuration.
Followed the links a s closely as I could. Just read them again. Did you
mean to point me at some part I missed in order to get the machine network
accounts to be able to access the shares? Which part?

I removed the 'winbind' lines and 'username map' lines. They are traces of
my efforts to get things working. (still getting 'username xxxx invalid on
this system' for the machine network accounts)

About the SYSTEM account: My understanding is that it is not causing the
'access denied' on the domain member (FS1). I just put it in the
properties->security tab because the answer I quoted suggested it. I saw no
follow up on the answer I quoted. Should I expect it to work at all in my
setup?

regards,
Tom

--