[Samba] Join a subdomain DC to a domain DC

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Nov 17 19:04:08 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-11-17 at 09:48 -0200, Elias Pereira via samba wrote:
> In a nutshell, I will have to re-put all users in the domain again. :(

The Tranquil IT folks seem to have become pretty experienced at this.

You really want to keep the SIDs the same.

In the long term I would love for Samba to support domain renames
directly, but it is a big job.  Less effort but still a fair chunk of
work is going via Windows and renaming it there (we currently fail to
replicate back domains with a non-zero epoch).

Sorry,

Andrew Bartlett