[Samba] SAMBA failing to start after upgrade

Harsh Kukreja h.kukreja at ium.edu.na
Fri Nov 17 10:19:18 UTC 2017

Hi Rowland

The samba-tool command is not working please see the error below:

root at iumdcdp01:/home/administrator# samba-tool
ERROR(<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>): uncaught exception - bad marshal
data (unknown type code)
  File "/usr/bin/samba-tool", line 46, in <module>
    retval = cmd._run("samba-tool", subcommand, *args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line
210, in _run
    cmd = self.subcommands[cmd_name]
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/main.py", line 35, in
__getitem__
    fromlist=['cmd_%s' % attr]),

Please help to fix it.

*Harsh Kukreja *Systems Administrator
*International University of Namibia *Tel: 061-4336000 - E-mail: h.kukreja
@ium.edu.na - Web:
*http://www.ium.edu.na <http://www.ium.edu.na/>*Private Bag
14005,Bachbrech. 21-31 Hercules Street, Dorado Park, Windhoek, NAMIBIA