[Samba] add machine script not running

Daniel Berteaud daniel at firewall-services.com
Fri Nov 17 08:03:25 UTC 2017

Le 16/11/2017 à 19:30, Andrew Bartlett via samba a écrit :

>> But unlike nss-ldap, sssd does provide some caching mecanism that's
>> why I think it's this part which breaks something.
>>
>> Switching to nss-ldap+pam-ldap instead of sssd makes everything
>> working. I just don't understand why. How can this makes samba
>> ignore "add machine script" and instead try to create the entry
>> directly ?
> This is executed when the posix account doesn't exist, so it depends on
> the return value of getpwnam(), which in turn makes nss calls.

It's still not very clear to me. When the posix account does not exist,
samba should call the "add machine script". But in my case, the account
didn't existed, but instead of calling add machine script, samba tried
to create directly the user in the LDAP tree, not through my custom
script. It's this part that I don't understand.

++

--

Logo FWS

	*Daniel Berteaud*