[Samba] Winbind error "Could not fetch our SID - did we join?"

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 16 22:05:49 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-11-13 at 14:32 +0100, Sven Schwedas via samba wrote:
> Making no additional changes to the configuration, using "net ads join"
> instead of "samba-tool domain join" immediately worked. I'd be really
> curious where's the difference between the two and why samba-tool
> pretends to not have run into any errors…

Sorry about that.  This is a leakage from the time when the project was
split into two halves and the AD DC effort had duplicate tools.

The problem is made more difficult by the fact that we do sync the
other database records involved, so are missing only the domain SID.

Sorry,

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett