[Samba] SAMBA failing to start after upgrade

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Thu Nov 16 21:30:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

In the sernet packages, the DC packages are called sernet-samba-ad I think.

So perhaps you need to run something like:
apt-get upgrade sernet-samba-ad

(or even apt-get install sernet-samba-ad)

But SAMBA NOT CONFIGURED AS DC means that the smb.conf is not for a DC,
and you say the machine was a DC. Not sure how an apt-get upgrade could
have caused this...

MJ